What is SDSComXML?
- SDSComXML is a data exchange format based on XML.
- SDSComXML defines a framework for structured exchange of material safety data sheet content between different IT systems.
- SDSComXML is applicable for all sectors of industry and commerce.
- SDSComXML is ready for international requirements.
- SDSComXML provides complex XML structures for the safe exchange of physical, chemical and toxicological properties.
What is SDSComXML not?!
- SDSComXML is not a software.
- SDSComXML is not limited to the use of one certain standard phrase catalog.
How does SDSComXML work?
- The datasheet is exported from the SDS authoring system of the manufacturer by an interface according to the SDSComXML preferences. Two files have to be transmitted: First one is the pdf file as the legal document and the second one is the structured data as XML file.
- On the side of the downstream user these two files will be processed by an importing interface into the in-house system.
What offers SDSComXML?
- Avoidance of manual SDS content input.
- Quick updates of material data, operating instructions and hazardous material inventories.
How can SDSComXML help companies?
- Reduces paper based processing, avoids error-prone manual transcription of information from paper or PDF safety data sheets.
- Enables companies to enhance efficiency in occupational safety.
- Gives options for the direct creation of standard operating procedures and hazard material inventories.
- Offers easy updating of safety data sheets, sent via email
or internet in XML format.
- Provides fast electronic data exchange with suppliers and customers.
- Facilitates legal documentation by parallel transmission of a safety data sheet version in pdf format for the direct storage.
- Allows easy integration into existing software solutions.